Monday, January 5, 2009

Goals for 2009

I'm late posting my goals for the year. My work life is changing a lot this year with many of my 'jobs' - computer classes, singing, insurance and mail delivery all creating a better environment for work. I could wind up with an office away from the house to work or write.

I'd have to say my first and foremost goal would be to try to find a balance between scheduling work, writing, and physical activity. Bring it all together into one cohesive plan.

~Record a vocal CD! I could have done this when I was 16. Well, better late than never.

~Study the publishing industry for better understanding of who to target.
~Revise FIMB and submit in February.
~Attend Nola Stars in March - pitch OTHR.
~Finish RCM first draft.
~Attend Southern Magic in April to pitch RCM.
~Work hard to justify attending either DC-RWA in July or GRW in October
~Submit more to agents/publishers.
~Start new paranormal.
~Revise OTHR completely and submit.
~Finish AMC and submit.
~Find an agent
~Learn to do a better job of pre-world building,
characters, concept
~Update website, renew commitment to blogging regularly, and
participating in fellow authors projects and blogs
~Simplify, unclutter my home space and life so that I can achieve
these goals
~Get an editor/agent to request a full manuscript this year
~Learn more about author marketing strategies
~Setup handouts and marketing for computer classes
~Attend training for insurance products
~Find out about strategies for managing ADD so I can create more daily
structure in my life
~Setup a reminder system.
~Deal with interruptions and change more gracefully.

I want to be more present and proactive, concentrating on the positive
constructive energy and expecting the best for 2009!

Each month - break each of these goals down at the beginning of the
month into weekly and daily goals

2 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

Wow. Um. There are a lot of goals there. I mean, a LOT. I think maybe that one about managing ADD might need to be moved up the list? (Stay away from the ADD drugs to manage it if you can though, okay? Having seen youngest go into seizure from a prescribed dosage, they scared me.)

That list makes me want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head. I've got like two things on my list and feel overwhelmed from it.

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at myself over that. Obviously the ADD management needs to go to the top.

You always have a way of making me step back and take a fresh look.&;-)))