Sunday, December 21, 2008

Name the new baby



On my way home from the mail route yesterday I had an idea for a character - Sidney. I liked the name and thought, if I get lucky enough to get another Pom, I'm going to name her Sidney. We've had three Pomeranians, Brandy, Sunshine, and Spider. Brandy had a beautiful red coat, Sunny looked like a fox, and our little loveball Spider was black with tan markings.



Our babies suffered either abuse, neglect or disinterest before they came to live with us. All of them nearly a year old.

Well, fifteen minutes after that thought, my husband called and said, "There's a lady over in Natchez that has some Poms. She has one left but someone is supposed to be coming to get it. She's going to call us one way or another." I'm thinking to myself, when did he decide we were in the market for a dog? Last time we talked about it, he didn't want to be tied down.

Tied down to what - everyday life on the bayou? He never goes anywhere anyway. We've just been waiting to get over the loss of Spider and to find the right Pom.

So this morning we left the house at 5:30 to pick up some puppy supplies at Walmart and go get our new baby. This time we get to raise him from a puppy.


But does Sidney fit him? I thought we were going to get a girl. Now CFM is saying Trooper, and I've thought maybe Woofy, though not seriously.




Can you think of a distinctive name that fits him? Wish I could award a prize for the best puppy name for our Pom. A personally guided fishing trip on the bayou? No Problem. A favorite read you're having trouble finding?

Help. I'm tired of calling him puppy and smooch,smooch.

8 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

He's sweet (although Gizmo Guy said he looks like an Ewok from Star Wars. )

Sidney works ... but ... let me think on it a bit and see if I have any other suggestions.

Anonymous said...

So far I've heard McTavish, Shamus, Max, Ranger, Scout, Merlin

But I'm still smooching at him, can't whistle.

Robin Kaye said...

One of my favorite names is pronounce Dee-oh-gee. A friend of mine had a dog named Dee-oh-gee and I think I knew him a month before I realized it spelled DOG. Okay, I shouldn't have written that, I admit I was a little slow on the uptake. Still, it was a great name for a great DOG.

I like the name TC too - Too cute.

I'm also partial to Dave, but then if you read Romeo, Romeo you'd know that.

Good luck finding a name and enjoy him!

Robin :)

Anonymous said...

Thats so funny. And I didn't get it either at first.

My husband actually mentioned the name Dave this morning.

I like TC, cause he is TOO cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think he is too adorable, but he has a hint of rascal in him, no?
How about Mr. Trouble?

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is four inches high and living up to THAT name. My husband said that fits him, he baby sitted today.

Cora Zane said...

Happy Holidays, Marley. :) OMG, what an adorable baby! *swoon*

I'd name him Meekins. (It's the name of a petpet on Neopets, but that's what he reminds me of - cute and fluffy.) ^_^

Leah Braemel said...

So? What's the decision?