Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Don't wait!! Last day for Destiny #series #sale on Amazon #excerpt



Yep, today is the last day on Kindle Countdown though the books will be free on Kindle Unlimited through June. Check the series out here.


See excerpt below:

Readers say...

This author hasn’t failed me yet! Another home run!
I am not really an advocate of book that continues into the next installment but I am making an exception for this series.
This part continues the story of Tempe and her search for her brother with the new sheriff and other exciting/odd characters of Destiny. More characters add to the mix and they encounter some answers to questions and some new developments.
The book is non-stop and keeps you moving, I didn’t want to put it down.

I don’t really like books that continue into the next installment but I am making an exception for this series.


This was a great book! I didn’t want it to end. Once you enter the world of Destiny, with all its interesting Paramortal characters, you will never want to leave. I loved the main character, Tempest Pomeroy, who is a tempestaerie, a storm witch, trying to find out about her family as she solves the disappearance of her brother with the help of new sheriff in town Jack (laser) Lang. The author does a terrific job of capturing the southern Louisiana coulture. This book delivers the perfect combination of suspense and fantasy with romance. Can’t wait for the next one!

Book two picks up from the moment book one ends and I liked that. It’s a continuation of the same story. River is still missing and time is running out. Sheriff Jack just found out who Tempest (and many of her friends/family) is. Whoa, paramortals! Though to be fair, Jack doesn’t have much time to adjust to this news.

“You in or out?” asks Dylan (who changed into a big bear-like creature before Jack’s eyes).

Jack’s in and the more he finds out, the more he falls in love with Tempest. He wants to protect her and help her find River before it’s too late.

This is one roller coaster ride of a book! The author does a fantastic job weaving romance and action; I couldn’t read fast enough. I loved the characters and the plot was riveting. One bombshell after another hits Tempest and Jack but instead of driving them apart, it draws them closer together.

What will happen? There’s a new character that appears at the very end and I can’t tell you more other to say my mouth dropped at her showing up.
I read this book in one sitting and started reading book three right away. You must read the books in order.

Gripping action, complex characters and a plot that wouldn’t let me go, Cry Me a River is a must-read! Onto book three…

Favorite Character:
Jack. I loved how he didn’t abandon Tempest in her moment of crisis. I mean, I wouldn’t have blamed him if he did. What man would stick around after a woman threw bolts of lightning very near his crotch. *giggles* Jack is an honorable man and even though he’s in over his head, he’s falling in love with Tempest. She’s his storm witch and when the two of them get together, it blasts them both into outer space.

Favorite Quote:
“Sweetheart, are you okay?” Call me crazy, but it seemed I could feel her body vibrating from three feet away. ~ Jack


My Rating: 5+ stars

Need a vacation from the real world, yet stay here on earth? Read this series. You will find suspense, romance and humor while setting on the edge of you seat wondering what's going to happen next. I highly recommend these books. I don't normally read books that are based on fantasy but love Livia Quinn's books so gave this one a try. So glad I did! I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a hot guy with a heart of gold. It has a cast of characters who will keep you entertained and also keeps you guess as to what has happened to the missing River. On to the next book in this series I go.

I love books with quirky characters and this one's stuffed full with them. I wish my town was a little more like Destiny, Louisiana. When a book has me sitting in a Dr' s waiting room laughing to my self, panting as I fan my face, then biting my nails in suspense it covers all my list of requirements for a great book. Usually I m not a great fan of cliffhangers, but this author writes meaty books, this one was over 300 pages, and the second book in this series was published quickly after so I'm not afraid of a long wait for other books.


ok, I am hooked! I am so ready to know the rest of the story from this series. There is so much hope and underlying romantic tension. Give me, give me, give me some more!!!


Excerpt from Storm Crazy.



Tempe
I sensed Dylan’s potent aura before I heard the heels of his boots thunk against the hardwood floor, then his shadow fell across me. With a slight tilt of my head I saw black hair wet with rain combed away from his beautifully dangerous face, his lips a mere breath from mine, so close I could see each stubbled hair on his cheek; the eyes I knew to be a rich forest green, were obsidian, wild. 
Blast those pesky pheromones! My body was begging me to jump him, the memories of our limbs entwined in a hot morning caress making it nearly impossible to maintain a facade of irritation. And he knew it. 
“Dylan.” I pushed the glass away. 
His lips crooked up at the corner and he relaxed, flopping onto the nearest barstool. He looked me over, refrained from commenting on my messy appearance. “You look stressed. I was going to buy you a drink, but it looks like you’ve had one.” His brow arched at the sight of the shot glass.
I returned his perusal, raking over the black duster where moisture steamed off that big hard body. The only obvious break in color was the shiny gold badge on the black id wallet visible between the leather lapels. He was dark and dangerous, and once again I felt the sensual pull. I rubbed my forehead, willing those thoughts away.
“What did you want to talk to me about, Persephone?”
“That’s it! Just once, could you call me by my friggin’ name?” I pushed off the stool and turned on him, fisting clumps of my hair.
He sat back, looked at me closely. “Talk to me. What’s going on,” he said.
“I need a favor, Inspector.”
He slid off his stool, motioning the bartender away with a look. “I think you’ve had enough.”
I turned on him, “Who died and made you the keeper of me?” And then I remembered what I’d learned, and a sob escaped my throat. I turned away. Get a grip. I signaled the bartender to bring me a tonic water, and felt Dylan’s hand squeeze my shoulder gently. I didn’t mean to let him, but it felt so…comforting. 
“Bad day?” His voice was a calming purr. “Bad week,” he corrected. He could be so sweet. I hated that I remembered that about him, too. “I’m sorry I was late. I’ve been on a job in Baton Rouge.”  He stroked a length of my hair behind my ear. 
I could have easily allowed him to shoulder my troubles. Fix everything. No, that was tequila thinking. I didn’t need the betraying bastard to fix anything for me. “I’ve changed my mind. I don’t need you.”
I think he winced, but my vision was suspect.
“Come on, you need to call it a day.” He got up towering over me.
I slid off the stool, swaying just a smidgen. I was sure he didn’t notice, but then his hand settled on my hip steering me between the other stools and patrons into the fresh rain-washed night. I tripped on the uneven walkway of the porch and felt his hand on my elbow. 
He said, “Tempe,” and turned me toward him. “Damn,” he muttered, looking off.  
“Ah, so you do know my name,” I said.
“Look, I need to talk to you. Privately.” 
I guess the dark night with only a few people coming and going from the parking lot wasn’t private enough. He led me around the side of the building. The comforting song of the rain frogs started up again as I propped myself against the outside wall. He placed both hands on either side of my head.
“This may not be the best time, but I need to say this.” His flippant manner was gone, replaced by frank sincerity. Whether he was deciding to continue or just weighing his words, I waited. He sounded different, almost humble. Huh.
“When I was on that job in Baton Rouge, I realized that I couldn’t let something happen before I got the chance to tell you…” he let out a deep breath. “…about what happened two years ago, I didn’t mean to hurt you. There were—are reasons why…”
I guess what he saw on my face he took for forgiveness, instead of shock. “Oh, hell.” His lips touched mine in a kiss reminiscent of those nights by the fire, touches drenched in desire, his body like hot steel…I groaned.
There was comfort in his kiss, and in the long overdue apology. The last few days had been a nightmare, with memories and revelations coming at me faster than I could assimilate them. Then my conversation with Aurora resurfaced. I flattened my hands on his chest. “Dylan, no.” 
I heard boots hit the porch and pushed harder.

“Well, damn. Looks like I’ve come at a bad time.”


NEWS! All Destiny Paramortals will return to Nook iTunes and Kobo July 2nd. Watch for it on your favorite retailer. 

No comments: