Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New (to me) Author


One of my friends suggested a series to me since I'm working on the world building of RCPN. Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series is a wonderful world of paranormal beings - werewolves, vamps, griffins!, Hellhounds.

Riley and her brother Rhoan are twins, half vamps and half werewolf. (It's always cool to find a new spin on one of the standards in the paranormal genre.) Keri pulls you into this world as smooth as silk. Before you know it you are in the scene with Riley, Rhoan, sexy beings like Quinn, and other members of Melbourne's Directorate of Other Races. Yes, the stories are set in Australia which is something else that sets the series apart.

I could waste time whining that I didn't read her sooner but I'm glad because now I have five Rileys I can read until the new one comes out in October. And it's not just the paranormal world that intrigues and holds your interest, Arthur's writing is superb and fresh, making her books keepers.

When I was reading Gabaldon's Outlander series, I'd have to wait until I got a glimmer of another book coming out then I'd allow myself to slowing savor the book I'd bought as soon as it was released. Like fine chocolate, it was difficult to eat the last piece until you new there was more in stock.

To read more about her books check out her website.

No comments: