Thursday, July 16, 2009

In the Mood?

For fantasy, that is.


Last week I read Keri Arthur's first book in the Riley Jensen series. I can't pick up the second in the series until Friday when D goes for his training and I couldn't find anything in my home library of probably a thousand-plus books until I saw Storm Born by Richelle Mead. The title intrigued me because of my er, affinity, no that wouldn't be the word, fear and fascination with storms and my current wip. This is another great read in the paranormal genre.

From her site: Eugenie Markham didn't want any of this. Until now, she's been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy makes her the Otherworld's most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...

This is Richelle's second series for adults. Patricia Briggs, author of the Mercy Thompson series, described it as: "Great characters, dark worlds, and just the right touch of humor. A great read."


It's the first paranormal I've read since C.L.Wilson's Fading Lands series with no vampires. Actually Kensington lists this book as fantasy. Halfway through the book I felt I was experiencing a movie, so rich is her world of fae and human characters. I'm looking forward to Thorn Queen on August 4th.

No comments: