Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Still Awestruck


When my mother worked for NASA in the 60s and 70s I was lucky enough to visit Goddard Space Flight Center many times, meet astronauts in the early years of the program. My dream was to be the first woman astronaut. Unfortunately, they landed on the moon without me...

Every time a shuttle goes up on some mission, I'm excited to see the successful results. It's still unbelievable to me what these men and women have accomplished and the praise they receive isn't enough IMHO.

Wally on the Crimescenewriter loop shared this link with us to some awesome, awesome pictures of STS-125, for those of you who don't know the lingo, that's the Mission designation for the Hubble repair and upgrade. Take a couple minutes to appreciate the fantastic pictures at this page.

Way to go, STS125 crew! You made us proud.

If you've never seen how the Shuttle gets from one coast to the other watch this YouTube of the takeoff on board a 747. Un be leevable!

No comments: