Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This month's Dusty Update


Dusty was 6 months old this week. So for his birthday yesterday, I baked him a special little Macho birthday cake - not.

I've been trying to let him stay outside as much as possible in the early morning and evening because we are now lifting our leg and establishing our territory. Unfortunately, his territory is MY territory. Yesterday, he peed on my foot!

If I can get to him by 5:30 in the morning and get him out several times a day he does okay, but he still doesn't quite understand that he can't lift his leg and do his macho thing on my furniture.

It's getting really hot, 95 today, so he can't stand much of the heat. I asked the vet about cutting off all his pretty hair. She said if he was going to be out much it might be wise. Dusty told me to consider a mohawk. Like CFM, he says, "it's just hair - it'll grow back. Why, look at Daddy. He's taken to whacking his own hair when you don't give him a haircut. I could ask him to cut my hair..."

Absolutely not. I might go along with the Mohawk, but I don't want him to look like a scalped minature grizzly. That's just sick. No, Dusty. Quit that. Gotta go.

Picture this dog bald? Not me. A Mohawk, maybe.

No comments: