Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bad alligator



Okay, that alligator's got to go. You see how far we are from the bank. And last week one about this size was three hundred yards, through a residential strip and across the road in a friend's front yard. And two more young alligators were dead in the curve of the road near the bank. Houston, I think we have a problem.

Last week, I dreamed that it rained really hard again and the ditch near the driveway filled up and DFM was out there trying to get the big alligator to leave. Shoot, I've seen more alligators than snakes this year. Bizarre!

We have bobcats, hogs, deer, lynx, panthers, bear, rattlesnakes, water moccasins, copperheads, alligators, otters, nutrarats (I know you're wondering what that is, I did), beaver, racoons, and of course those nasty buzzards.

What critters do you have where you are?

1 comment:

Leah Braemel said...

Nutrarats-I know what they are! They were mentioned on a swamp tour I took down there back in 2000. Your snakes and gators scare me ...

We have raccoons, skunks, foxes, grass snakes, squirrels, groundhogs, deer, coyotes, wild turkeys - yeah, nothing bad although the turkeys can get nasty. (especially the human ones) If you go further north (like 90 minutes or more) you'll find rattlesnakes. And black bears and wolves. There are urban legends about panthers still being around but no one's actually seen one.