Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feel the Fear

I guess I mentioned that I started a new job a couple weeks ago and yesterday I was hit with the reality of my fear. Of succeeding. Of excitement, change, joy.

Talk about an eye opener. I didn't realize I'd retreated into my turtle shell of comfortability. When had I stopped stepping out for what I wanted? Where had I gotten the idea that all good things have to come to an end? That too much joy is a bad thing?

Now, before you start thinking I've flipped out, I have to say, I've had a long successful history of working with the public in sales, computer training, management and in my own business. But after taking some pretty hard hits in my personal and professional life, I backed up. Lost my faith. Like a character in our novels, I'd been hurt time after time and I guess I disengaged.

Realizing that is the biggest part of the solution. Affirming that I am going to take hold of the joy. Like Maverick in Top Gun, my favorite movie, I'm going to 'engage', get back in the fight, and see where I land.

Click here for one of the coolest Top Gun compilation YouTubes I've ever seen.

One thing I'm sure of. I'll be in a better place than I would be simply vegetating and waiting for life to come to me.

Just gotta believe. There can't be too much joy, can there?

No comments: