Sunday, April 13, 2008

Alien flowers

I have proof that at least one alien woman has been here. No earthling bred this flower!






Went to pick up more tomatoes for Crawfish Man to plant and when I saw all the pretty flowers I just had to have a few - $50 worth to plant around my writing space by the bayou.

Gorgeous impatiens, a new orange daisy, petunias in pinks and reds, an azalea that blloms three times a year and this little outerspace flower. Isn't it cool?

Fortunately for my writing schedule we have another cold spell coming tonight and tomorrow night so I won't get to plant them until later in the week. I'll update my bayou pictures when everything blooms.

Today I have to worry about chapter 2 of MOL revision and writing something new, probably RCM. I'll report my progress later.

3 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

Isn't that flower pretty - and strange at the same time. Do you know the name of it? I doubt it would survive Canadian weather, but you never know (at least not until June anyway)

Anonymous said...

It's called Soprano Lilac Spoon, technically Osteospermum hybrid. I think she said it was a spoon impatiens or a spoon petunia but that could be wrong.

You would also like my little delicate daisy, Orange symphony, comes in several colors.

Hey I have a Soprano and a symphony.

Cora Zane said...

I love those flowers. Very unique looking. :)