Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lagging behind

Well, it's been over a week since I posted. Bad, bad Marley. Between trying to finish strong in NaNo, reworking my entry for the contest, writing my first synopsis, working four days straight, critiquing, and getting the bronchial crud, I just haven't had the energy.

But all of those are coming along nicely. I wrote over 26K in November and revised and outlined about additional 'K'. I'm just about through with my contest entry and have done the first draft of my first synopsis - a long winding road through Brenna and Nick's world which I will have to revise down to a straighter shorter path and still manage to include all of the turning points, love scenes, crises, characterization, and resolution.

The crud is coming along as well, though I wear myself out from coughing and have to waste good writing time sleeping. All of this has to be finished and I need to email my entry by around the 22nd because I'm running the mail for the two weeks of Christmas holidays.

Oh, and I just heard I have to work again. Working sure does get in the way of writing!

No comments: