Saturday, September 15, 2018

Too Good to Be True is just #99cents for now #RomCom #RS #smalltown


Too Good To Be True

Contemporary Small-town Romance (with suspense elements)

I've been in love with this hero since he first visited me. Some of you know I do a lot of writing in the tub. Well, Luc followed me there and told me his story. I had no idea until he started telling Del about his family that... well, that's a surprise. 
Anyway, six of the books are available or on preorder now for just #99cents everywhere. I love my #nook, #Itunes and #Kobo readers as well as #kindle so run don't walk to your favorite store for this deal.
Blurb:
Love happens when, where, and with whom you least expect it. . .as Delilah discovers.
An experienced police officer, Delilah Burke is no pushover. She prides herself on her instincts but when she arrives at the scene of a convenience store robbery she finds herself unwillingly intrigued by the tall dark and handsome perp dressed in a mercenary uniform and armed with fake weapons which begs the question – what else about him is fake?
Luc seems too good to be true, but his huge, surprising family embraces Del and when he’s threatened they join in her efforts to protect him. Delilah is drawn to him like no other but can she keep him safe so they can have a future together?
Preorder book #2 and the rest – When the Right One Comes Along, Only the Heart Remembers and Christmas Wishes now for $0.99 until each book’s release day. (7 books in the series)
Excerpt
“All right, Luc. I understand you had an incident at your home yesterday. Why don’t you start from the beginning?”
“Not much to tell. I was headed to KPI for work…”
“That’s Knights Production, Inc. on Garnet?” Jed asked. 
“Yes, I had a 8 a.m. shoot. I guess it was about 7:40 when I walked out and found my SUV with all four tires flat.”
Jed wrote in a small notebook. “Is that your Expedition out front with the US Navy tag?”  
Luc answered him. “Yes.”
“I’ll get a complete description when I leave. So why didn’t you file a police report?”
“I didn’t realize at first that the tires had been punctured. I just figured some kids had come through and let the air out of them. I’d heard about the other incidents a couple weeks ago in the area. But by late morning, the tire center called and said they’d been cut.” 
Jed took the name of the tire center. “I’ll run by there in the morning and see if they still have the tires. It would have been better if you’d called yesterday. Sometimes they haul the tires away at the end of each day.”
Luc anticipated Jed’s next question. 
“Any idea who might have done this?” Jed studied him while Luc considered his answer. 
Jed knows Del and I are involved and he’s wondering what I’m dragging her into, Luc thought. He answered honestly since he wasn’t willing to label Mercy a complete lunatic yet, “I really don’t.”
“Made any enemies lately? Kicked any kids out of the gym? Crawled out of your neighbor’s wife’s window? Anything like that?”
“Jed—” Del nearly punched her partner on the arm but Luc knew it was a tactic they used sometimes. Most people weren’t a hundred percent straight with cops for whatever reason. Present company included. 
“Look, I really thought it was kids. You know hazing rituals or something.”
“Anything happen over the weekend that might have precipitated this?”
Luc looked at Delilah, who looked at Jed, who shook his head and snapped his notebook shut and let out a frustrated breath. “All right. Give me the number for your insurance agent and the guy you spoke to at the tire center and I’ll let you know what we find. Probably won’t do any good now, but I’m going to see if I can lift some fingerprints.” He nodded at Del. “She knows where to get me if you think of anything.” The door clicked shut behind him.
Luc and Del blew out a breath at the same time. Laughing, Del said, “I feel like I’ve been sneaking out and my big brother just caught me.”
Luc walked toward her, backing her up to the door. He was close enough to see the darker rim around her blue irises. She was so pretty. “Well, like they say, might as well be shot for the deed as accused of it.” When she saw his aim, she turned her head to the side.
So Luc kissed the corners of her eyes, her temples, heard her intake of breath as she turned back to him prepared to reprimand him. But as he settled his lips over hers, coaxing, tasting, then invading, she opened for him. His body melded to hers as he took her head between his hands gently holding it so he could savor the silk of her mouth. Rocking back on his heels he smoothed her hair back in place wondering at the intensity of his feelings. So quickly…I just about love you.
Twin bluebonnets searched his as if she didn’t quite know what to think. A smile slid up one side exposing a dimple. “Don’t you have a basketball game to get to?” she asked.
Luc stepped back, adjusting his jeans, “Yeah, and I’m gonna need a minute.”
She laughed, put her hand on the doorknob.
“You’re staying for the game, aren’t you?”
Delilah’s expression showed none of the passion that had been there just minutes before. “I’m on call until ten but as long as I’m not needed, I’ll stick around. I haven’t seen my brother play basketball since…”
She didn’t have to finish. Then she looked up. “That’s why you never asked me about my family. You know Tommy.”
“That and I figured you’d tell me about your family when you wanted to.”
Her eyes dragged from his face to the bulge behind his zipper. “Ready?” She flashed him a wide-eyed look.
“Quit.” 
She laughed, opened the door and walked out.

Where to buy Too Good to Be True

No comments: