Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! #grateful #CA @LeahBraemel @DaleMayer @NNP_W_Light


Picture
This weekend a few of my friends are celebrating their Canadian Thanksgiving, and while we don't necessarily share the same ideal menu, we do share the meaning of the holiday.

Talking to two of them yesterday reminded me that it's never too early to think about what we're grateful for. As my DH says every time he goes to the doctor, "All I have to do is look around to see many people who have it worse than I do."

How true. When we have our health we are rich and shouldn't take it for granted. Now that doesn't mean I won't over-eat in November, but I am trying to concentrate more on healthy reasonable portions.

This early reminder gave me a reason to look at the things I'm grateful for, and one of those things living where I do, is the ability to meet new friends via writing groups and social media.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

Livia

No comments: