Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cool, an Award!

My Award..
Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it, Michael. Though I'm not supposed to -I notice there's been some variation in following the rules - I must plug your blog again. I'm looking forward to checking out the blogs on your site and Bill's.

May Contain Nuts the place for witty, touching, scathing, and often enlightening posts, news-worthy pictures, and insights on fatherhood. 'kay, that one doesn't count as a nominee.

The fine print that came with the award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting – or that they don't know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers. (Two of them new to you.)
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

7 things about me...

1. I can shoot the head off a snake.
2. I once sang to actor/singer Kris Kristofferson and boxer, Muhammed Ali at a casual picnic near here when they were filming Freedom Road. Boyfriend whose hero was Ali thought it was a setup so he didn't go. They sent him an autographed note, "Thanks, CFM, we sure enjoyed your girlfriend's singing." LOLOLOL
3. I wanted to be the first woman astronaut or at least an F-14 tomcat pilot.
4. I love sports, especially Football!!
5. My favorite trip was to Scotland. It felt like home.
6. I believe everyone should be treated with respect until they demonstrate they don't deserve it. Then...
7. I lived in a penthouse overlooking the skyline of Atlanta for three months. AWESOME!

My choices for the Kreativ Award.

Watch how it's done in living color at Chickens in the Road. Even if you could care less about farms or cooking, check out writer Suzanne McMinn's Farmhouse Table beautifully photographed 'how-to cook it' on each recipe as well as Suzanne's awesome photographs and videos of her life on the West Virginian farm and her intimate relationships (with chickens, goats, cats, kids) This particular link has pictures of a castle and her scone recipe. She's obviously part farm animal.

Mystery author, Bill Kirton, who's blog I recently discovered. Living, Writing and Other Stuff See that one doesn't count either cause he's already been Kreativvvved.

A couple new ones, both from the UK and very entertaining. Guys, check out this one - Gary Davidson's blog. Then answer this question: Do guys really like that 'look' er, uh, build? (I think I know the answer.)

And The Witty Ways of a Wayward Wife, Funny stuff.


Danielle Baer
is a writer who lives in Texas. She has a busy job but still manages to post a couple times a week, better than I've done lately.

Cadence Denton, my friend and CP, has an entertaining blog. As soon as she finishes her manuscript (next week I'm sure) you'll have to give hers a spin.

DaydreamLily This is one of the most artistic blogs I've seen - by a young woman in Melbourne.

Leah Braemel, blogs about living in a houseful of men and has guest writers once a week..

Now to go contact these KRE ATE iv bloggers.

2 comments:

Bill Kirton said...

Congrats on being Kreativved, Marley. I only wish I’d known what you can do to snakes’ heads a bit earlier – I’d have been more careful in the little jokey asides I aimed at you. From now on you’ll get just fearful, fawning respect. Even more so because of your contact with those two greats, Kris Kristofferson and the incomparable Muhammad Ali.

Anonymous said...

You must be bored, lol, but I appreciate the visit.
No worries. I don't shoot humans.

Usually.