Wednesday, June 10, 2009

May Contain Nuts

One of the writers on our Scottish loop ran across this fantastic blog, May Contain Nuts. A Scottish poet and writer by the name of Michael Malone from Ayr, Scotland. I asked, where is Ayr? Here's the map. (I'm having trouble finding a bigger one.) Ayrshire is the parish in Scotland on the southwestern coast.


Nothing is sacred on his blog - parenting, travel, boobs...


As I've mentioned before, I love everything about Scotland. If it hadn't been for my husband, and it was touch and go then, I probably wouldn't hae come home from my trip there. I even got to sing the tavern closed in exchange for a bottle of Sheep Dip Scotch which sits on my sofa table to this day.

Ooops, slipped. Ach, but I loved Edinburgh, could hae slept in the streets in the drizzling rain.

The scenery looks beautiful.

So if you'd like to experience a little of Scotland, the language, the culture, visit Michael's blog and if you like fishing - looks like a great place for trout or salmon fishing.

If you'd like a taste of Michael's poetry, go here.
Enjoy!

No comments: