Friday, February 13, 2009

Is Spring here?

Okay, I love cold weather but I'm sick of the dreary look of everything. The dead looking trees, mud instead of grass, wet cold.


I'm read for Spring. So Sunday we dragged the plants outside and I planned on sitting out by the bayou and writing. I get my best writing done on the lounge chair overlooking the water, listening to the birds and squirrels, watching the alligators float by.


This year they better be careful coming too close cause my little Dusty will be playing around outside and I wouldn't want him to hurt one of them
















Here's a picture of my biggest aloe plant. That thing has grown to overwhelming proportions so many times I've split it and given it away to everybody but here it is again - Huge! And it blooms! Everyone I've talked to says they've never seen one bloom. It puts out this 6 ft tall stem with littel peach and orange colored bells at the end.

Want a piece? Come and get it.

You'll notice Tiger is on the outside of the window and Dusty behind the glass. No more romps on the refuge for him.

1 comment:

Leah Braemel said...

I've love to come collect a piece of your aloe plant. Although I have an extremely BLACK thumb and it would die under my care before I got it back home - if they'd even let me across the border with it.

And I always find it funny when a cat's as big as the dog.