Monday, April 28, 2008

Tagged

Okay, I was tagged by Leah to do this meme.

The rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I was attacked by a psychopath in a Big Boy restaurant near the University of Maryland after I offered the guy a glass of water. CRAZY!

2. The doctors told my Mom she had ovarian cancer but she'd be okay with a little chemotherapy and my dad he had chronic leukemia and could live a long time with it. They were wrong about both. I spent most of the next few years in Florida with them, and wouldn't trade any of that time which allowed for reconciliation between us.

3. I directed a choir at the local Catholic church for four years - one of the nicest experiences of my life, even though I'm not Catholic.

4. Momma worked for NASA at Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, so I got to meet astronauts and tour the place often in my teens. I always wanted to be the first woman on the moon - well, I guess I could till do that - huh?

That translated into a love of anything to do with fighter jets, flying... I made our grandson, Chad, watch TOP GUN at least twenty times. Now, he's an officer in the Navy over a squadron of aircraft. Interesting how you pass it down isn't it?

5. I was a natural in sales. My girlfriend from high school, Sue, used to kid me, saying," And it puts pennies in your pocket-book, too!" I sold cosmetics, long distance, burglar bars, fences, cars, trucks, mobile homes, and pools. I even figured out a way to draw the actual life sized pool in hot orange paint on the grass in the customer's backyard to entice them for days after I made my sales pitch.

6. I'm terrified of deep water, the ocean, the river, even the water park wave machine. Maybe that's why this thing with the Ms. River has me so worried, although usually people don't drown when a levee breaks - you just lose everything. So, no worries. lol

Too bad I don't know anybody else to tag. I'll work on that.

1 comment:

Leah Braemel said...

Oh oh. #5 worries me - I'm not big on sales people. And #6 makes your worry about the river a lot more sensible.

Cool about #3 - I was in a choir for a few years, I would have loved to have your was our director.