Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who wrote this? oh yeah - I did

Good weather for writing today. Cold, high's in the 30s. Crawfish Man couldn't get crawfish so he thrummed about the house until he finally decided to go hunting. Whew.

I expected yesterday to get 2000 words written and again today. However, I've been working on a different project for the last month and when I returned to MOL yesterday, I had to completely re-read it. I just kept hitting chapter after chapter of new material, as if someone else had written it.

It's disconcerting when you wrote the story and it's completely new to you a month later. In some cases, that's a good thing, you're pleasantly surprised. 'Wow, I don't remember writing this, but I like it'. OR you're ready to ditch the whole mess.

Anyway, I've missed two days of writing forward, but hopefully tomorrow will be different.

1 comment:

Leah Braemel said...

Whatever you do, don't ditch the stuff until you've finished writing the first draft. THEN make your decisions. I like the 'hey, I like it' version better ;)